Orgbite LLP is the sole distributor of Holle Organic Baby food products in India. They are happy to introduce Organic Milk Formula for the first time in India.
All parents want their babies to be happy, healthy, and well-fed.
Although many mothers plan to exclusively breastfeed their babies, this isn’t always possible due to health, work, or family reasons.
While breast milk is undoubtedly the best thing for babies, switching to formula or combining breastfeeding with formula feeding can often be hugely beneficial for both mothers and babies.
If you’re considering switching to organic baby formula, this blog will give you everything you need to know to find the right organic formula for your little one.
What is Organic Baby Formula?
Organic baby formula is exactly what it sounds like: formula made with the best quality organic ingredients. This means:
- No synthetic chemicals or preservatives
- No artificial colors
- No pesticide residue
- No growth hormones
- No genetically modified organisms (GMOs)
- No potentially toxic substances
In order for a formula to be certified organic, all ingredients and processing aids also have to be organic. In the US, products that carry the USDA Organic Seal must not contain anything excluded by the National List of Allowed and Prohibited Substances.
Benefits of Organic Baby Formula
At Orgbite.com, we strongly believe that the best thing you can do for your baby is to provide a healthy, nutritious diet -- regardless of whether that comes from breastfeeding, expressed breast milk, formula, or combination feeding.
- The best organic formulas “go the extra mile” by closely mimicking the nutritional profile of breast milk. This includes the use of organic lactose as the primary source of carbohydrates and an organic vegetable oil blend that features many of the fatty acids found in breast milk.
- Many organic formulas contain additional whey. This makes the protein ratio more similar to the proportions of whey and casein in breast milk.
- Organic formula provides essential nutrients while also ensuring that no traces of harmful substances make it into your baby’s bottle. This means eliminating pesticide residue, toxic processing agents, chemicals, and GMO ingredients. Organic formulas avoid unhealthy and potentially harmful ingredients such as carrageenan and hexane-extracted synthetic DHA; highly processed sweeteners like corn syrup, glucose syrup, and brown rice syrup; and synthetic nutrients and preservatives.
American vs. European Formula
Not all organic products are created equal.
There are other significant differences between American and European formulas as the standards for what can be included in baby formula are stricter in Europe than in the United States.
- EU standards prohibit the inclusion of sucrose (table sugar) in infant formula, except in small quantities in specialty formulas for premature infants or babies with allergies.
- All European formulas are required to have at least 30% of calories from lactose, which is not a requirement for U.S. formulas.
- All European baby formulas, whether organic or not, are required to be free from detectable levels of pesticide residue.
- All Holle formulas carry Demeter or Bioland certifications that go beyond the EU’s minimum organic standards. For example, the Demeter certification emphasizes a deep commitment to animal welfare, sustainability, and ecosystem preservation.
- All the Holle formulas stocked by Orgbite carry the European Union’s organic seal. This means they are made without synthetic or chemical sprays or fertilizers, genetic engineering, artificial flavors, enhancers, colors, or preservatives.